<–Governance Go to ToC References –>
The final goal of Metaverse standardisation is the creation of Profiles. In the proposed process, Metaverse Functionalities will be continuously and openly enriched. Functionalities are published, proposals of new or modified Functionalities are received by firstname.lastname@example.org, the MPAI-MMM group acts on the requests possibly revising and posting revised Functionalities. These are the indispensable material used by standardisation to specify standard technologies, but they are not the standard.
This is the path envisaged by MPAI. Note that activities will likely not be carried out strictly in sequence:
- Technical Report – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – Functionalities (this document) includes the material describes in Chapter 1. This Chapter sketches the development path from now to specifications for Interoperable Metaverse Instances. It is published on the MPAI website.
- Technical Specification – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – Functionality Profiles will include a limited number of Functionality Profiles. As the name implies, these Profiles will not reference Technologies, because the CMS does not exist yet, but only Metaverse Functionalities. They will be constructed by considering some major existing Metaverse Instances and developing Profiles that reference Functionalities, as opposed to Technologies. The Functionality Profiles will help provide an in-depth view of the required Technologies and help fine tune the implementation of the MMM process.
- Technical Report – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – Architecture will identify the main functional blocks underpinning a Metaverse Instance, their functions and the Data Types exchanged between them.
- Technical Report – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – Data Type Functional Requirements will provide the Functional Requirements of the Data Types dentified by the Architecture specification. Functional Requirements will be used to develop the Common Metaverse Specifications.
- Technical Specification – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – System Governance. Potential elements of the mission of the System Governance are:
- Management of the life cycle of a Technology.
- Management of the life cycle of a Profile.
- Identification of Metaverse Instances.
- Technical Specification – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – Common Metaverse Specifications, in three steps:
- Development of the CMS Table of Contents using the Functional Architecture and the Functional Requirements of the Data Types.
- Mapping of MPAI standardised technologies satisfying the Functional Requirements of point 4. above into the CMS.
- Development of the Common Metaverse Specifications that include standards provided by appropriate SDOs.
- Technical Specification – MPAI Metaverse Model (MPAI-MMM) – Technology Profiles obtained by implementing industry-sourced profile requirements.