This is the public page of AI-Enhanced Video Coding (MPAI-EVC) standard. See the MPAI-EVC homepage.
MPAI-EVC is an MPAI project for a video compression standard that substantially enhances the performance of a traditional video codec (MPEG-5 EVC in this case) by improving or replacing traditional tools with AI-based tools.
- MPAI-EVC Evidence Project progress report and plans
- Collaborative Evidence Conditions for Video Coding in MPAI
- MPAI-EVC Evidence Project description
Figure 8 – A reference diagram for the Horizontal Hybrid approach
MPAI is currently engaged in the MPAI-EVC Evidence Project seeking to demonstrate that extending or replacing tools can offer at least 25% performance improvement (see the latest progress report MPAI-EVC Evidence Project report and plan)
MPAI-EVC is at the level of Use Cases and Functional Requirements.
If you wish to participate in this work you have the following options
- Join MPAI
- Participate until the MPAI-EVC Functional Requirements are approved (after that only MPAI members can participate) by sending an email to the MPAI Secretariat.
- Keep an eye on this page.
Return to the MPAI-EVC page