Artificial Intelligence Framework (MPAI-AIF)
AI Framework (MPAI-AIF) is an MPAI standard designed to enable environments (AIF) to execute AI Workflows (AIW) composed of basic components called AI Modules (AIM). It is a foundational MPAI standard on which other MPAI application standards are built. The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) has adopted MPAI-AIF V1 with the name IEEE 3301-2022.
Visit the About MPAI-AIF page for an introduction to the MPAI-AIF V1 and V2 standards.
Technical Specification: AI Framework (MPAI-AIF) specifies architecture, interfaces, protocols, and API of a secure environment specially designed for execution of AI-based applications implemented as AI workflows (AIW) of AI modules (AIM). Version 2 extends the capabilities of Version 1 making it easier for AI application developers to support security in their applications.
MPAI thanks the following individuals for their valuable contribution to the development of MPAI-AIF V2: Andrea Basso, Francesco Gallo, Muhammad Yasir Shabir, and Gianluca Torta.
MPAI has developed MPAI-AIF V2 according to its rigorous process:
- Published a Working Draft of Version 2 (html, pdf) requesting Community Comments. Comments had to be sent to the MPAI Secretariat by 2023/09/24T23:59 UTC. See the video recordings (YouTube, WimTV), the slides of the presentation made on 11 September, and An overview of AI Framework (MPAI-AIF).
- MPAI-AIF V2 has been developed using the responses received in response to the following documents:
Material regarding MPAI-AIF V2:
- 1 min 20 sec video (YouTube ) and video (non YouTube) illustrating MPAI-AIF V2 Call for Technologies.
- slides presented at the online meeting on 2022/07/11.
- video recording of the online presentation (Youtube, non-YouTube) made at that 11 July presentation.
MPAI is indebted to the following individuals for the development of MPAI-AIF V1: Andrea Basso (Synesthesia), Ferruccio Damiani (University of Turin), Michelangelo Guarise (Volumio), Paolo Ribeca (James Hutton, Ltd.), Scott Moskowitz (Wistaria Trading) and Steve Dukes (Dreamerse).
See the public MPAI-AIF documents related to Version 1:
- MPAI-AIF Standard.
- Introduction to MPAI-AIF
- The MPAI Ontology V1.1
- Call for Technologies
- Use Cases and Functional Requirements
- Framework Licence
- Application Note
Users of MPAI standards should bear in mind the Notices and Disclaimers concerning use of MPAI Standards.
|Version 1.1||Technical Specification|
|Version 1||Reference Software Specification||Reference SW|