This is the public page of the Neural Network Watermarking (MPAI-NNW) standard. See the MPAI-NNW homepage.
Watermarking is a technology inherited from the multimedia domain, regrouping a family of methodological and applicative tools allowing to imperceptibly and persistently insert some metadata into an original content.
The purpose of the MPAI Neural Network Watermarking (NNW) standard that MPAI intends to launch on the 19th of July 2022 is to enable watermarking technology providers to qualify their products. MPAI-NNW will provide the means to measure, for a given size of the watermarking payload, the ability of:
- The watermark inserter to inject a payload without deteriorating the performance of the Neural Network. This item requires for a given application domain:
- A testing dataset to be used for the watermarked and unwatermarked NN.
- An evaluation methodology to assess any change of the performance, induced by the watermark.
- The Watermark detector to ascertain the presence and the Watermark decoder to successfully retrieve the payload of the inserted watermark when applied to:
- A watermarked network that has been modified (e.g., by transfer learning or pruning)
- An inference of the modified model.
This item requires for a given application domain:
- Performance criteria for the Watermark detector or decoder, g., relative numbers of missed detection and false alarm or percentage of the retrieved payload.
- A list of potential Modification types expected to be applied to the watermarked NN as well as of their ranges (g., random pruning at 25%).
- The watermark inserter to inject a payload at a quantifiable computational cost, e.g., execution time on a given processing environment.
- The Watermark detector/decoder to detect/decode a payload from a watermarked model or from any of its inferences, at a quantifiable computational cost, e.g., execution time on a given processing environment.
Read about MPAI-NNW:
- 1 min 30 sec video (YouTube ) and video (non YouTube) illustrating MPAI-NNW V1.
- slides presented at the online meeting on 2022/07/12.
- video recording of the online presentation (Youtube, non-YouTube) made at that 12 July presentation
- Call for Technologies, the Use Cases and Functional Requirements, and the Framework Licence.
If you wish to participate in this work you have the following options
- Join MPAI
- Participate until the MPAI-NNW Functional Requirements are approved (after that only MPAI members can participate) by sending an email to the MPAI Secretariat.
- Keep an eye on this page.
Return to the MPAI-NNW page.