This document is provided as a help to those who intend to submit a response to Call for Technologies: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance. Text in:
- Yellow (as in this sentence) provides guidance to submitters and should not be included in a submission. Text in green shall be mandatorily included in a submission.
- Green must mandatorily be present in a response. If the submission is in multiple files, each file shall include the green statement. If a submission does not include the green text, the submission will be rejected.
- White is suggested. respondents may use in a submission.
This document is submitted by <organisation name> (if an MPAI Member) and/or by <organisation name>, a <company, university etc.> registered in <…> (if not an MPAI member) in response to the Call for Technologies: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance  issued by Moving Picture, Audio and Data Coding by Artificial Intelligence (MPAI) on 2023/08/23.
In the opinion of the submitter, this document proposes technologies that satisfy the requirements of MPAI document Use Cases and Functional Requirements: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance  issued by MPAI on 2023/08/23.
This document also contains comments on the Functional Requirements as requested by N1365 and N1366.
This document also contains proposed technologies that satisfy additional requirements as allowed by N1365 and N1366.
<Company and/or Member> explicitly agrees to the steps of the MPAI standards development process defined in Annex 1 to the MPAI Statutes (N421) and , in particular <Company and/or Member> declares that <Company and/or Member> or its successors will make available the terms of the Licence related to its Essential IPR according to the Framework Licence: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance , alone or jointly with other IPR holders after the approval of the Technical Specification: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance by the MPAI General Assembly and in no event after commercial implementations of the Technical Specification become available on the market.
< Company and/or Member> acknowledges the following points:
- MPAI in not obligated, by virtue of this CfT, to select a particular technology or to select any technology if those submitted are found inadequate.
- A representative of <Company and/or Member> shall present this submission at a Requirements meeting communicated by the MPAI Secretariat. If no <Company and/or Member> will attend the meeting and present their submission, this will be discarded.
- <Company and/or Member> shall make available a working implementation – including source code – for use in the development of Reference Software Specification: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance and eventual publication by MPAI before the technology submitted is published in Technical Specification: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance.
- The software submitted may be written in programming languages that can be compiled or interpreted and in hardware description languages, upon acceptance by MPAI for further evaluation of their submission in whole or in part.
- <Company> shall immediately join MPAI upon acceptance by MPAI for further evaluation of this submission in whole or in part.
- If <Company> does not join MPAI, this submission shall be discarded.
This information corresponds to Annex A on N1365. It is included here for submitter’s convenience.
- Title of the proposal
- Organisation: company name, position, e-mail of contact person
- What are the main functionalities of your proposal?
- Does your proposal provide or describe a formal specification and APIs?
- Will you provide a demonstration to show how your proposal meets the evaluation criteria?
3 Comments on/extensions to requirements (if any)
4 Overview of Functional Requirements supported by this submission
Please answer Y or N. Detail on the specific answers should be provided in Chapter 6.
|8.6||Interpreted Operator Control||Y/N|
|8.8||Real Experience Generation||Y/N|
|8.8.4||Real Experience Venue specification||Y/N|
|8.9||Virtual Experience Generation||Y/N|
|8.9.1||Virtual Experience Descriptors||Y/N|
|8.9.3||Virtual Experience Venue specification||Y/N|
5 New Proposed requirements (if any)
6 Detailed description of submission
6.1 Proposal section #1
6.2 Proposal section #2
- MPAI Patent Policy; https://mpai.community/about/the-mpai-patent-policy/.
- MPAI; Call for Technologies: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance; N1365; https://mpai.community/standards/mpai-xrv/call-for-technologies/
- MPAI; Use Cases and Functional Requirements: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance; N1366; https://mpai.community/standards/mpai-xrv/use-cases-and-functional-requirements/
- MPAI; Framework Licence: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance; N1367; https://mpai.community/standards/mpai-xrv/framework-licence/
- MPAI: Template for Responses: XR Venues (MPAI-XRV) – Live Theatrical Stage Performance; N1368; https://mpai.community/standards/mpai-xrv/template-for-responses/